View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 09:03 AM   #71
garysanfran

You want me to do what?

I was watching a live-weather radar map sponsored by The National Weather Service a few days ago. The forecast for rain in Meredith was 0% for the next 120 minutes. At the same time, I was watching it pour out my window.

We've all made fun of weather forecasting. You know..."If I was wrong on my job as often as weather forecasters, I'd get fired"!

Well, I'm not going to substantially change my current life for what some say will benefit the weather 100-1,000 years from now, when they can't tell me it's currently raining outside.

Back in the 70's, it was global cooling. Then it became global warming. Now it's called global climate change. What force(s) changed the language?

Let's ALL support a clean environment within reason...You understand reason don't you?

By ALL, I mean China, Russia, India, Lower Slobovia, Bedrock and the USA...ALL at the same time. I don't want to purchase an environmentally friendly air conditioner made in a polluting factory in China that employs slave labor.

I think the USA is very focused on an evolutionary process in this regard. Remember, things done with today's technology, may be less efficient with tomorrow's advancements.

Revolutions tend to move too fast, leaving reasonable thought and caution aside, whereas evolution builds on yesterday's knowledge of success AND failures and grows more accurately identifying the need over time.

One fault I think we have as Americans, is that we want immediacy a bit too often and sacrifice the long-term vision.
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garysanfran For This Useful Post: