View Single Post
Old 05-27-2021, 01:55 PM   #248
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUINS View Post
This is not directed at ESA but my IMHO commercial enterprise should have to pay for the use of public facilities. There are now more and more businesses on the lake that are dependent on public docks and ramps which in turn denies or delays public access.
So this is an interesting comment. I have never seen a business causing a situation at a public access point, where I would say they caused an unnecessary delay in public access. The point of public access points, is not only to allow John Q. Citizen access but to also allow business access as well. What I have a seen in a few area's where business entities utilize public access points, to a point that it could be considered causing unnecessary delays, is that those business work with the State and or Towns to improve the access points, so that they can utilize it for their business needs, as well as allow John Q. Citizen the access they desire.. Best example of this State Access on LI, by Harrilla Landing... All improvements there, have been done by the construction company that uses that as their primary loading point on the northern side of the Lake. It was part of the deal struck between the company and the State. I also know there was a water Taxi business that utilized the Weirs dock, and payed the town a fee to do so. Last in the discussions regarding the famous "Dive Bar" they are willing to pay for improvements to the Weirs dock as well........ Just because things are made obvious don't think that business are just allowed to do what ever they want they aren't.....