View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 11:17 PM   #29
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Reading through the "Summer Staffing" thread, there are many reasons why running a hotel as you describe, is more rare these days. Nevertheless, you can rent many of these condos on VRBO, but usually not for just one night.
Im sure you are correct, but staying in a rented condo is not at all the same as a resort.

Clearly there are differences and for many there is still a preference for the hotel/resort over other options.

Not much we can do about it, what happens to Sandy Point is a private matter. I'm just a guy remembering what was very fondly and finding I'm far less happy with what is. I suppose it happens to each generation as we age. For me, the best I saw of Winnipesaukee probably ended in the early 70's and will not be seen again. Hard to forget playing pinball in the old game room on the lower level of Sandy Point, and going down to Downings Landing and that marvelous smell of the old marine gas and 2-cycle oil,,, or maybe the old donut shop next to the mini golf, or the old roller skating pavilion. I'm sure many people will have very different experiences and preferences.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: