View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 09:03 AM   #45
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgefelt View Post
The whole question of gas dock problems at the marina is irrelevant and was never a driver of the change in that NWZ. Bay Shore Yacht Club is the entity that holds all the docks by the Meredith Marina. This is a dockominium association - to join, buy a dock. Full disclosure - I am a member. Property owners further down the line will not be impacted as much as some have suggested because their shore is farther away from the boating lanes and so the wave energy is less intense there.
It is also a matter of public safety for SUP and kayak users in the bay, and you don't have to rent a kayak or a board to get in the water - there is easy public access. As for the big inconvenience of spending an extra 4 or 5 minutes getting into the docks area - give me a break. You aren't going to get a public dock without waiting 20 - 30 minutes anyway, so what 's the rush? If you are in that much of a hurry Meredith is not a good destination for you during peak times. BTW NH Marine Patrol is watching that new line and if you blow through it they will write you up. Slow and steady wins the race.
Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
A few random thoughts:

The "its all about me" position many take is beyond absurd. Do your due diligence prior to making a purchase and see that yes, passing boats do make wakes. If that bothers you perhaps you should make a purchase someplace else.

Can we get the Broads made into a no wake zone because it is impossible to stand on a boat at your house without the risk of getting knocked down by the boat wakes.

My house is around the corner from Mountain View Yacht Club and the larger boats coming and going do make waves. Should we start a petition to have Saunders Bay made into a no wake zone? And, in a couple of years we could petition to extend the no wake zone out to the Witches?

The lake was there long before they decided to rent out SUP paddleboards in Meredith and now we should extend the no wake zone to make someone's private business safer and more successful?

How long will it be until someone submits a petition to make Wolfeboro Bay into a no wake zone?
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote