Thread: Solar
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 06:41 PM   #9
Biggd

Thanked 1,071 Times in 676 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH.Solar View Post
Fun stuff and some very intelligent arguments... I always have learned the most valuable information from my clients, or in this case debaters. All of your points are good and individually applied probably valid. Every solar installation is different and has unique challenges. Do you recall me as as saying that we did our first bi-facial solar ground mount in Meredith? That client has an absolutely perfect roof for solar ...but like BiggD she absolutely was against it. So we installed a split bi-facial ground mounted array next to her home and it not only looks good, she also gained some extra winter production over the roof mount. Her 9.4 kW array produces about 12 mWh per year but most importantly a BIG boost in power is there from January til March and most of that is directly consumed by her new air sourced heat pump Hvac system. She is easily saving $2K per winter month over what she had (electric baseboard). I figured Mary's payback at nine years but now that she has the mini-split system I bet it would be closer to five or six. and again,if you install solar the tendency is to be a little freer with your consumption, and it is a little easier to live with the very enjoyable personal gluttony when you know that the power has been cleanly harvested from the abundant power of the sun
If I had a large property then that's the only way I would want solar, a ground system.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote