View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #11
belly_button_biter

Default We had high hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlake97 View Post
I saw about 10 cars in their parking lot yesterday, plus people eating in their windows. Also couldn't help but see a large-screen TV in the background. Anyone been there yet?

They have a facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pa...463370?sk=wall
We were happy to hear that this restaurant was opening and would be serving Italian. Your post sent us on our way to check it out.

We sat at the bar which needs a little decor.

My wife ordered the butternut squash ravioli and I order the Seafood fra diablo. We were very impressed when the waiter arrived immediately after we placed our order with complimentary bread and a complimentary house salad for two. A bowl with a plate over it was placed in front of each of us. I lifted the plate off my bowl to find some food scraps left in the bowl When I looked up I saw a waitress with what looked to be a squerrl's nest for a hair style and I grew concerned about some of those hairs falling into the food. The good news is that her hair appeared to have so much hair spray that it could be used as a tooth pick if need be. All being said I still had high hopes for the fra deablo. I had yet to find a restaurant in the LR that serves a good fra deablo. Nothing has changed. I think that the kitchen mistakenly prepared the fra deablo in the same manner as a scampy. It was prepared with oil, lemon and garlic; very different and not very fresh. The mussels were disgusting. the shrimp seemed to be previously frozen and not thawed properly and the scallops had a three day old texture and taste. My wife's ravioli was barely a notch better. A small portion of what appeared to be big box warehouse quality in a pool of broken sauce/grease. We also had a terrible tasting ice tea and a well poured bottle of Sam Adams. The bill came to just over $40.

The bartender told us that the owner hopes to create an Olive Garden type place. I think he's on track because I once visited an Olive Garden and was treated like an alien when I complained about a cock roach that came out of my bread basket. This took place in Florida and the waitress said "What do you expect? It's Florida" I never went back to OG Now it seems I won't frequent a OG wanna-b.

I honestly hope that we were an isolated incident. I hope other forum members visit and try the same dishes to convince me. If not; my advice to those who are curios; take 1/3 the money to BJ's and buy stuff to pop in your Microwave. What does it take to get good Italian in the LR?
belly_button_biter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to belly_button_biter For This Useful Post: