Thread: Good to be back
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 04:23 AM   #2
steve-on-mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick35 View Post
We started to open up the camp this weekend and it’s good to be back. We didn’t have any damage from the winter and even the mice stayed away. I’d say it was a success. Only problem is that the boat isn’t running right and that may be a problem scheduling the repair. Fortunately we have great neighbors and they don’t mind the occasional taxi ride. The weather for next weekend looks good so far and that will make it feel more like camp time. Looks like the Shep Browns lot is being paved this week and it’s supposed to be done by Friday. The lot will be closed Tuesday through Thursday.
After spending the last week and a half in South Carolina, we finally made it out Saturday afternoon to open camp...no damage or rodent issue as well ( the hours spent stuffing steel wool into the little openings under the house has really paid off). One thing I've noticed...haven't seen one mouse, chipmunk or squirrel in 2 days. I think the eagles must be hunting here...my neighbor thinks they sense all the cats will be out here soon and they're in hiding![emoji6]Name:  20190511_153701.jpeg
Views: 3413
Size:  60.9 KB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app