Thread: Missing Buoy
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 12:23 PM   #28
znh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
That Black Spar is quite important as it marks the beginning of a QUITE shallow area that extends over to Lakeshore Park !!

Three years ago I helped drag a 32 footer back to deeper waters after he essentially beached himself there.

(I didn't say that the Captain was the brightest bulb in the chain -- now did I)

So first off, the Marine Patrol has already called me a couple of times to discuss this and I tip my hat to their prompt and concerned service.

Apparently this is not an official 'navigational buoy' but were black top buoy's supplied to Ellacoya State Park to put out there to help keep people away from the large swimming area. So if it is not out there this year that is a decision by Ellacoya or they ran out of buoy's. Either way the MP is working with Ellacoya to figure out a plan to help mark this area to keep the swimming area safe,and I expressed that the shallow water there should also be marked as it is certainly a hazard, especially at lower lake levels. They are going to discuss internally and get back to me.

Oddly enough this marker does NOT show up on the Duncan Press maps, but does show up on the Bizer maps and app. I wonder if it shows up on Navionics or other similar apps / maps?

To be continued...(enter Batman music)...
znh is offline   Reply With Quote