View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 12:22 PM   #3
garysanfran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzi Minx View Post
I just returned from a week's vacation at the lake. Having been a long time devotee of the West Alton location of my late Uncle's property, I can genuinely
appreciate the major differences in locations on the lake. The rental property that I stayed at on Black Point Road in Moultonborough was just a wonderful experience. So serenely quiet at the North end of the lake compared to the Smith's point area. One night at dusk bride and I observed three deer galivanting from across the street into the woods behind the property. I need to sell my North Suburban home location soon so that I can live out my final days in the area of New England that I so cherish!
I've been here since early April. Shortly after I arrived I had three deer come down to my beach for, what I thought was going to be a sip of water...Nope they went into the lake and swam to Stonedam Island, about 1/2 mile away. Experience of past tourist seasons and crowded summer on the mainland, must have motivated them to "summer on the island"...And I have a fox that visits every night. And a bear sometimes. I have a video of the bear but when I try to upload it, I get an "invalid file" message.

Oh...And I've caught 19 mice. All outside, but they get into my truck and eat the air filter. I've replaced two filters in two weeks at $27 each. I feed the mice to the fox. I've got videos of that also.

And a Momma duck and her (originally nine, now eight) ducklings spend most of the day in my yard. I've read they will eat all the ticks they can find, so I'm encouraging them...For now...While I await "The unintended consequences"...They always occur.
garysanfran is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garysanfran For This Useful Post: