Thread: The Dive
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 07:01 AM   #43
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
I think it is too bad the way things turned out. I’ve heard a lot of good things (as well as some bad) about the Dive from people who have been there. However, I don’t blame their problems on local politicians.

It does seem to me though that if you want to start a business that is going to require dock access the first thing you would do, before starting construction, was secure that dock space.

They may have thought they could thrive with their original mobile approach but were surprised to find out that the barge was under powered and far less mobile then they expected. I think passionate owners were caught up in the excitement of a new business concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I keep asking myself, "how many issues have to happen for it to be The Dive and not everyone else?"

I've never been on it, but the experiences I had at sandbars with clientele and "ownership" of the area (again, commercial profit off public space) soured me on it as a water-based entity. I thought, however, that the permanent docking idea was a great one. Unfortunately, it seems like they just can't get it together.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote