View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 09:37 PM   #15
Winilyme

Default Our experience

Amica provides our home, auto and umbrella insurance in CT. We switched to a dividend policy with them after our prior insurer, a local outfit, sold out to a larger insurer. I decided it was a good time to shop around. Our decision was more about their reputation for great customer service (often reported as second only to USAA) than it was about price. USAA was not an option for us. That said, Amica was competitive at the time though I sense that they are probably more costly now. It's just a feeling I have but I have little incentive to change since they've been great the few times we've needed them.

Interestingly, when we purchased our place on the lake five years ago, Amica was uncharacteristically slow to respond to my request for a homeowners quote. I'm not very patient with those sorts of things so on someone's recommendation, I worked with The Insurance Outlet in Laconia and they secured a Safeco policy that I'm happy with though I've yet to need it. And I'm sure Safeco is happy since they are receiving my money and not paying me any.

I do recommend working with the The Insurance Outlet. They've always been exceedingly responsive whenever I've called them with policy questions. I also got my boating insurance (Progressive) through them. Good guys to work with and they make it easy.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winilyme For This Useful Post: