View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 04:17 PM   #109
Susie Cougar

I remember that year. I was 15 years old. It was the second year that we lived in our new home. We had a beautiful natural sand beach in front of the house. Unfortunately, there were many large rocks and boulders just below the water’s surface. It wasn’t exactly a perfect beach, but there wasn’t anything we could do about it.
It was two years later that the lake went down so low. My parents had no idea why this was happening. My father always had all kinds of radio equipment and always knew everything that was going on, or so I thought. So, my parents decided what a wonderful opportunity to have all the rocks removed from the beach.

The company came in with their big equipment and the bulldozers could go approximately 30 feet out before there was any water. They worked all day long digging up the big rocks and pushing them over to the sides of the beach.

We talked about that year for a long time after that, always wondering if the lake would ever go that low again and never understanding why it did that year.
So, after all these years, it was because they put in Weirs Beach? That is so cool.
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susie Cougar For This Useful Post: