View Single Post
Old 06-19-2022, 10:27 AM   #42
LikeLakes

Just my 2 cents on what I observed the past week. FWIW I used to ride, haven't had a motorcycle in years and likely won't own one again due to the risks I see road-riding.

In driving all week around the southern lakes region, and yesterday around Tilton and Belmont and Laconia area, I of course saw tons of bikes. I didn't see craziness or foolish risk taking, most of my driving was during daylight so I can't comment on evening post-bar times. I saw individuals and pairs riding, some groups as well. The groups were polite and waited for good sized gaps to enter the road (I tend to slow and put flashers on to allow group rides to enter anyway), rode at very reasonable speeds. I did see some riders doing hard acceleration or changing lanes to get around cars and doing so fast, but neither of those is dangerous or improper. I honestly didn't see bikes doing stuff that would "invite" accidents. Just what I saw, I of course know it does happen.

Someone mentioned group rides - when done correctly the bikes aren't really side by side, they are staggered, not something you'll always notice from a car but you do that to allow for a swerve maneuver without taking out the bike next to you. At slow speed sometimes you go side by side to be able to talk though.
LikeLakes is offline   Reply With Quote