View Single Post
Old 02-08-2022, 02:26 PM   #9
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Here's a wake boat wave promo video ..... How To Wakesurf Responsibly: Wave Study ..... www.youtube.com/watch?v=daa0U56zvwc .... that was linked from the NH Marine Trades Assoc .... a New Hampshire boat business, political action committee that's been making political contributions of $100 -$200 to Republican state reps for the last 50-plus years .... www.boatingnh.com ..... the opposition to this proposed new wakesurfing legislation

Quikrete scrim rip rap ..... Quikrete makes a 60-lb bag of sand and concrete and gravel in a paper sack that is designed for erosion control along the water's edge and in the water. You position the bag in the water ..... water permeates the paper bag ..... the sand and cement and gravel mix hardens into concrete ..... the paper bag dissolves .... a heavy dark gray lump of cement is left that lasts for years and years ..... erosion control ..... protecting the shoreline from wave action erosion.

It's Quikrete 60-lb scrim rip rap to the rescue ..... build a low, underwater wall along your waterfront shoreline or something! ....
I hope your joking. You want everyone to pour concrete all over their frontage just so a 1% can play? Not to mention the music usually blasting. Not to mention it’s illegal.

It’s a bit confusing but I think the current intent (depending on what side you’re on on this) is to NOT let what’s pending pass because it’s not restrictive enough.
EDIT - I hate this stuff. Those concerned with surfing impact SHOULD support the bill with an Amendment that it should be 500 ft. I guess. Ugh.

I get it. Folks paid $100K plus for surfing. It looks like a blast honestly. I’d LOVE to try it my self. I totally respect them wanting to allow surfing.

But it just causes to much harm for everyone else.

If you are in a small boat near one of these it’s a train wreck.

I wish they would outright ban them.

If they do allow it, I want a property tax rebate for the damage or work to prevent damage. And surfers should be paying the difference.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mswlogo For This Useful Post: