View Single Post
Old 09-28-2018, 02:51 PM   #24
fatlazyless

Default Estes Jewelry, 31 Main St. Meredith

Walking up to Meredith Town Hall today to pay my $98.20 annual automobile registration fee, I noticed for the first time in the window of Estes Jewelry & Coin, 31 Main St; it has about five different sweeper style, metal detectors and treasure hunting hand tools including a water sluice that looks like a mini version of the Alaska Gold Rush tv show.

They have these very well constructed short handle and long handle sifter-scoops probably designed to scoop the wet sand, mud and loose small rocks from the bottom of a stream bed or lake, drain out the water, and hopefully find an old coin or artifact buried treasure!

A 14" ribbed dish for panning gold with instructions and tips for where to go, got my attention .......... gold_!!

All the metal detectors and small hand tools look very well made.

Did I ever mention I found a ten dollar bill floating in the water right next to the Meredith towns docks, where the boats tie up, about ten years ago in May ….. I reached way out and scooped it up with a tennis racket …… my type of metal detecting!

"Mega big gold nugget panned from Poor Farm Brook", high up the hill, above Ellecoya State Beach by NH gold hunter...... next week's LaDaSun headline .... you read it here first! ....... ayup ...... thar's gold in these them thar hills ...... around these here har parts ..... ayup .... thar's right, buddy ........ weeeeeeoooooooo!!__

Last edited by fatlazyless; 09-29-2018 at 12:43 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote