View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 04:33 AM   #10
jeffk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyblvrd View Post
Someone else just told me the same. Doh. Sorry and I will stick to my day job
A little story

A woman from the city was vacationing in New Hampshire with her children. They were all enjoying the beautify of the Winnipesaukee area, especially the children who were of the age for which nature seemed almost miraculous. They kept pointing at things and asking their mother about them. Their mom happily interacted with her kids. They seemed especially taken with the enormous variety of animals and pointed out all the different types they saw in the air, water, and on the land.

In one field, they saw a group of large animals and the children were immediately full of questions. To their mother’s pride they quickly identified them as cows; there were dozens of them. Mom engaged the kids with a lively discussion about cows. The kids were fascinated and especially interested in the whole concept of how cows provided their daily glasses of milk.

The woman, noting that one cow was standing all by itself near the farmhouse and also that the farm owner was outside as well and knowing of New Hampshire hospitality, decided to ask the farmer if her kids could look at his cow and if he might possibly demonstrate how a cow is milked.

She pulled over, got out with her adorable children, and approached the farmer, who indeed smiled at the children and seemed welcoming. She launched into an explanation of their visit and desire for some “hands on” nature exploration with the man’s cow.

The farmer suddenly turned serious and seemed a bit sad, because he knew he would have to disappoint the children. “Mam, I’m sorry but I can’t milk that animal for you.”, he said. The woman launched into how much the children would learn and how appreciative she would be. The farmer shook his head and said, “I’m sorry, but no.”.

The woman said, “But WHY not?”.

The farmer said, “Mam, I can’t milk that cow for you because THAT cow is a bull!”.

He left it to the woman to explain the difference to the children.

Sorry Blyblvrd, I couldn’t resist.
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote