View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #121
Sandy Beach

Arrow Gilligan, why ruin good propaganda?

Gilligan,

What are you doing? Pointing out the fallacies of speed limit proponents might ruin their credibility. The general non-boating public might recognize that these pro speed limit arguments are designed to illicit fear and portray the lake as a scary and unsafe place. They make it sound like it was only fit for dare-devils and did not have a nice family friendly atmosphere. They want the public to believe that the 45-25 mph speed limit has made the lake safe and civil as if it was not like that before the 2 year speed limit experiment.

If you and some of the other irrational thinkers (as some call opponents of the 25 - 45 limit) keep questioning their illogical premises it might sink in to those who are unfamiliar with boating just what kind of scare tactics the pro speed limit crowd is using to elicit their support and appeal to their sensibilities.

Why do you want to ruin their pro-speed limit fantasies? They will out talk you and keep making the same false allegations of a wild lake over and over again until the public gives up and accepts their rhetoric without regard to reality and the truth.

I didn't know the lake was unsafe and uncivil until I started reading what the pro-speed limit minority had to say . And to think I exposed my wife and children to this lake and enjoyed it without absolute speed limits all these years.

disclaimer: I have no connection with the boating or tourist industry and I do not have a boat capable of speeds over 40 mph and I DO NOT support the 45 - 25 mph speed limit.

P.S. Thanks Gilligan
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sandy Beach For This Useful Post: