View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 09:58 AM   #37
Top-Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonies View Post
Why do I think of Mr. Trump's "400 pound guy sitting in his underwear in his parents basement" every time I see one of your unintelligible essays?
Above: Best post in the thread.

If you read back to the original thread post and then read FLL's recent reply the two combined don't really make sense. (Including my own reply) Unintelligible, and distorted. Chastising Bob Bahre with "Boo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo- …… we really feel for you ……. poor Bob!"

Guess what! FLL Boo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo- …… we really feel for you ……. poor FLL. Despite the fact the possibility exists that you might do better under the new rules when you put them all together in context and not just pick out the one you don't like.

Many years ago a friend of mine asked if I would be willing to pay twice as much in income taxes next year. My quick response without thinking was no. No was actually the wrong answer.

Using the same logic as above, that would mean if your boss offered you a promotion at twice / double your compensation, you would say No. Because you would have to pay more taxes.

Last edited by Top-Water; 11-23-2018 at 10:30 AM.
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote