View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 04:02 AM   #20
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I knew a good number of performance boats, most if not all have either left for another body of water, trade for a McYacht or pontoon boats. At my marina, where for years slipped performance boats are now filled with PWC's or bow riders. There is a demand for larger slips for yachts and pontoon boats. I'm not sure where the performance boats are gathering on the lake.
In the past the majority of the performance boat owners I knew were LEOs who made big bucks on duty and overtime. The Marine Patrol gave them a lot of slack when they are on the lake.
Maybe trailer boaters on vaca but having spent a lot of hours working on Paugus Bay this year I have noticed some new boats. Or new to me.
Me I'm just glad to see the crowds are coming back to the lake and bringing with them the same problems that were discussed leading to the speed limit.
I honestly hope it gets to the point it was at before and we can once and for all say see I told you so to all those who pointed at speed as being the cause of all the supposed close calls on the lake. Time will tell. My wife who has spent more time out there then me has already noticed an increase in inconsiderate boat operators this year.