View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #13
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts
Default Lakesrider: Thursday April 19th @ 4 PM - Recovering

Hello fellow Winni friends!
We can see the changes in Paul day-by-day & he is feeling better.

The rest of the tubes came out today, another couple X-Rays & he does not feel as loopy & having had eaten is making him feel so much better.

The doctor described Paul's mitral valve as having an extra fold of tissue on the posterior side that flapped and would not close that previously was not seen on the pictures. This needed to be cut back, reshaped and sutured back together to form a snugger fit and a ring was sewn in to make a better structure against the heart's pumping action. As a result, the surgery was longer and little more complicated than they had anticipated.
He also said that if Paul is not woosey, can manage walking several times a day & going up a couple flights of stairs, he may be able to be released tomorrow (my birthday - quite a present!). He will really be happy to leave the hospital. It seems amazing that one can have this surgery Monday & be released in 5 days, which I read that is the average length of stay for this surgery.

Thanks again for all your words of encouragement - I can't wait for Paul to read them. We shall be in touch soon.
Best - Kathy & Paul
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post: