View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #120
pm203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Boy View Post
From what I can see on this thread there have been quite a few members who seem to have issues with loud boats/other inconsiderate noise. Because these people may feel some boats are too loud, are they all jerks too? It's not unreasonable to voice concern as some boats are indeed over the limit in terms of legal decibels. Some of the responses, well, it's almost like trying to argue with some junior high kid (a number of which seem clearly to be failing English class). And they're so darned over the top in terms of anger and theatrics. Replies like "get a life", "pleeeeeeeaaaaaase" and the like hardly reach the dizzying heights of clever repartee. The level to which some of the dialogue here has descended concerns me.
Believe it or not, I get very angry when there is a boat that is excessively loud. I spent several thousands of dollars on the appropriate mufflers to be in compliance. Once in a while, there will be a vistor up for a weekend that is not legal, decibel wise. That makes it tough on all of us. I have had alot of performance boaters call me before they come to the lake and all of them purchased mufflers and installed them before they were launched at the lake. I respect your rights and hopefully you can respect mine.The law is in place.

Last edited by pm203; 06-16-2010 at 09:47 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pm203 For This Useful Post: