View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #115
Joe Kerr

Thumbs up Skip is right as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
I have to agree 100% with Mink Islander's post. Unfortunately his response has now been buried by the repetitious point-counterpoint of several that have repeatedly stated their positions here and in countless other threads. {snip SBONH vs WINNFABS}
I would respectfully ask that both organizations at a minimum update their respective websites. Then I would hope to see that both organizations implement a comments section on their sites and take this and the veiled but continual speed limits discussions over there.

Excellent points Skip. Repetitious sometimes ridiculous posts smothering the real issues and topics. I perceive that the sides are represented loosely by groups. One is older and more practiced at trying to rationalize their agenda while the other group formed more recently to try to show the fallacies of some propaganda. The former seems to think that the more times and ways they say something the more true it appears. They try to bury and discredit posts by those who like it the way it was. It is very sad how a handful of fabulous people can change the whole complexion of Don's web site.

I'm also 100% with you on updating web pages. Both of the groups mentioned should be current and keep their web presence up to date (as should those green map makers but that's another story also involving speed limit information).

For the record, I don't like very loud boats, cycles, sound systems etc. But there are sound laws in place for that and I put up with the legal noise. Meadowbrook concerts keep me awake at night and I hate it. I do not have a go fast boat but am not troubled by those that do. There were pre-SL laws (150' rule and others) in place to deal with those concerns too. I'm very tired of plodding through almost endless rhetoric to get to the good and meaningful posts.

Thanks Skip. Ever thought of being an arbitrator?