View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #108
sunset on the dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink Islander View Post
It's so sad how this forum has been degraded by all the rabid posters -- on both sides -- of a number of well known topics. A simple complaint about a loud boat turns into full throttle nastiness by all the usual suspects.

Some of you -- indeed most of you -- could just try letting someone have an opinion different than your own and not feel the need to jump in and jump on the "offender".

I've noticed a lot of former frequent posters are rarely seen or heard anymore. I suspect that, like me, they are tired of the tit for tat, angry and denigrating posts that so many of you think constitutes healthy "debate". You know it's ok to let someone have an opinion that is different from your own. Sometimes saying nothing is the better response. More than a few of you should try that more often and then maybe this forum might return to the civil and constructive source for shared ideas and experience that it once was.

I'll get off my soap box now....
Yes...and look at this PM as an example. Kind of sad. ?TWI? I think this post disturbed my wife more than me. SOTD

06-12-2010, 08:59 PM
VitaBene

Thanked 101 Times in 52 Posts Peace

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope those nasty boats and motorcylcles do disturb your tranquil shangrli-la!

Sleep tight and say night night to EC (we bonded and have decided to become buddies) for me as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to sunset on the dock For This Useful Post: