Thread: Safety Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #18
VtSteve

Excellent followup. Hopefully mine won't take toooooooo long to be posted up

Littlefield was not convicted of BUI, since he fled the scene like a coward. I was aware of how the speed was estimated, and had little doubt it was a very close approximation. Some people have tremors if an accident occurs at a slow speed (most of them do).

But the point is, how do you get Littlefields off the lake? First, you have to have an MP that has the time to patrol at night, since the vast majority of drunken debacles occur after daylight. Second, boaters have to help them out.

I've read most posts for the last few years concerning this issue. There are many, many good suggestions, but mostly, good intentions. Most people aren't reckless, but are reactionary. Sometimes I am myself, and intentionally so. Why? It elicits a response, and usually an uncontrolled one from those that I intended the response to be reckless. Some of them try the same. (usually they just complain to Don)

But back to being positive. It's been a pretty quiet summer all over. This month is forecast to be pretty darn good weather-wise Time to spread some cheer amongst the local merchants, who could use your business. Remember, safety is a team sport.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VtSteve For This Useful Post: