View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 10:14 AM   #31
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
This is my concern—it appears too...fancy...for us. My kids are perfectly behaved at restaurants, so we can take them anywhere, but we're just not into that environment/culture/whatever.

I am surprised to hear about Canoe (above), though. We'd swapped to the Bob House a few years ago after Canoe updated their menu (and the prices to go along with it), but now I'm intrigued.

Honestly, outside of a few nights here or there, we've mostly stuck to grabbing gas station pizza and chicken at Greene's on our way to camp Friday nights. Once we're at camp, we pretty much stay at camp.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
It's not that fancy. I don't dress up to go there, usually in jeans and T shirt or sweat shirt.
The bartenders and servers have been there a long time and are very "get to know you" people. The food is always exceptional!
It's our "go to" place as it's only a mile from my house and we usually sit at the bar.
I will say that people complain about the reservation times. They are always busy and usually save table for guests that are staying at the inn. That frustrates people when the see empty table that are reserved.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote