View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 06:13 PM   #23
fatlazyless

Post ........ Camp Monudemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank m. View Post
I am almost an abutter to Menotomy and I got worried when they shut down their normal operations a while back. I spoke to the Director ....... She assured me that their is no incentive for them to do anything except keep everything exactly as is until/unless girl scouting has a resurgence and the previous normal operations could be resumed.
Well ...... gee-whiz ..... maybe the Girl Scouts could tinker with the direction of their dear dear Camp Monotomy just a wee bit by changing the name to Camp Monudemy and running it as a nudist camp for adults. Monudemy's new camp style could continue to fulfill the wishes of the original grant by bonding its campers with their beautiful Monudemy, 90-acres, 2000' wf, Lake Winnipesaukee location. .....

You know its been about twenty-two years, since 1999, since Monotomy been a real summer camp with a full eight week Girl Scout camper season?

Ok ..... while a nudist camp can happen in Florida or Cape Cod, it seems very unlikely here on Meredith Neck. But you got to admit ...... that name ..... M-O-N-U-D-E-M-Y ...... is a good name for a nudist camp ....... ha-ha-ha ..... ho-ho-ho ..... argh-argh-argh! ......

So, here's an old NY Times article from 2007 that talks about scout camps in NY state which have been preserved as public land.

Open Space: 'Yet Again, Camping's Loss Is Land Preservation's Gain' ...... NY Times ...... June 3,2007 ..... by John Rather

Maybe someone with better 'puter skills than I can make a working link, here?

This article takes a brief look at Girl Scout and Boy Scout camps unable to continue as a camp which become public land preservation property.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 03-05-2021 at 10:47 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote