View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 04:02 PM   #94
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
Couldn't the person leaving the virus on the door knob be someone who should have stayed at home for 15 days, showed no symptoms, but went out to get tested and touched that door knob? SO they test positive at that point and are told to quarantine, but they touched how many surfaces on the way to that test? And infected how man ypeople?

Nope. I think people should stay inside for 15 days and if they develop no symptoms they don't have it. No test needed. Develop symptoms, get tested.

If they offer me testing, I'm not going. I'm hunkered down with no symptoms and no way to contaminate others...Unless I go out to go get tested.
I agree that if every person did as you are doing--stayed inside for 15 days with "no way" to contaminate others--that would be even better than everybody getting tested. But that is not possible--almost nobody has enough food in their homes for 15 days. Plus, when you emerge in 15 days, you will have chance to be infected and pass on the virus.

Just wondering a couple of things--

Are you staying in San Fran for the Summer? That would be quite a commitment to your position.

Also, when you say "I'm not going", it sounds like you're avoiding the draft or something. Are you afraid of the test, or is it a political thing, or something else I don't understand?