View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 02:53 PM   #52
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by panjumbie View Post
Since someone asked, I took my numbers from the New York Times which quoted Governor Cuomo. They are now considerably out of date, less than a day later.

Here is the latest link to the Times, scroll down to the part on case numbers for the current totals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/n...#link-36e2b5a5

( I hope I put the link in correctly...)

So New York State is shutting down everything except essential activities. I'm 77 and I'm supposed to wear a mask if I go outside, but I have no idea where I'd get one and I do have to get food to eat.

I'm considering wearing the facemask I had for wearing in potentially asbestos contaminated areas. I'm sure it is really the wrong cartridge, but better than nothing. I suspect I'd get some very strange looks wearing that into the supermarket!

If you don't like the Times or my data, you have the same access to the Internet as I and are welcome to search for whatever data you are happy with. I guess if you search the New York TV stations, you can find video of the Governor's press conferences and watch them yourself.

Personally, based on what I've heard and seen, I'll take Governor Cuomo's word much more than I'll take what I hear from the Executive branch in Washington.
Forget the fact I would not take the word from the NY Times or Cuomo over the president, but that is your choice.

Yes NYS is shutting down non-essential business and having them work from home but most of these businesses are already doing this, look at the list of essential businesses in NYS it is quite extensive from all food and medical related businesses including restaurants for take out and delis, pharmaceuticals, banks, laundromats, gas stations, auto repair and on and on.

You will see not much will change Monday from what you have seen yesterday or today except that you cannot get a haircut, tatto, manicure or piercing. So do not overreact because the "non-essentials" are closing as I said most already have in NYS