View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 08:52 AM   #12
Formula260SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
The build cost is separate from the land cost but remember it all depends on location for the assessed value which is what your ability to finance would be based on. I can tell you from experience 120.00 for a build cost in this market will not cut it at all. Remember this includes everything from excavation and land clearing to foundation to window and siding to flooring to appliances to plumbing fixtures HVAC and on and on.

I have built a few homes and I have been in the construction industry for years this is based on experience and the current market

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I don't doubt you, I'm only trying to figure out how the numbers work - this is not an argument by any means at all.

A close friend just sold a pretty high end home in Londonderry where I live. Selling price was 750K, the land is worth I'd say 150K so that gets me to a house only price of 600K. The house is 3000 sq/ft, if I divide the 600K by 3000 sq/ft I'm at $200.00 sq/ft on the upper end of the scale.

If I give the land a higher value it drives the house sq/ft price down, if I add the sq/ft of his finished basement that also drives the sq/ft price down

Again I don't disagree with you I just can't see how the numbers would work. If your building a house and using a bank it's all got to balance out. At least that's how my brain works.
Formula260SS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Formula260SS For This Useful Post: