View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 04:04 PM   #50
Sue Doe-Nym

Florida car purchases can be confusing since dealers there vary as to registration. Several years ago I bought a car from a used car dealer who sent me a bill of sale and a clear title by FedEx once I wired funds to his Florida bank account. With these documents I went to town hall and got a NH plate and registration which went to Florida along with the evidence of insurance. The car does not have a NH inspection and will not require one as long as it does not come to NH. the car has been used extensively in Florida with the NH registration renewed annually. I have looked at other rust free cars in Florida with the idea of bringing them to NH and have learned that new car dealers generally refuse to sell a car without collecting the Florida sales tax.Other dealers will only sell if they physically see the car on a car trailer with proof that it is leaving Florida. The situations mentioned above are all correct since it depends entirely on the individual dealer. These problems do not occur if you are working with a private seller who has a clear title. Also, if financing in Florida is involved it is a different story and Florida sales tax will probably be imposed.

One other thing to keep in mind is the insurance. Some carriers are happy to insure a car that is kept outside of NH, others may not be so inclined. Check your policy carefully.
Sue Doe-Nym is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue Doe-Nym For This Useful Post: