View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 09:40 AM   #45
sky's

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
Spent a good amount of time yesterday looking at various streaming services. There are plusses and minuses everywhere. One service...Spectrum Streaming.... looked very attractive in terms of channels, so I bit the bullet and signed up for a 3 day trial. After three hours of total frustration trying to arrange the viewing guide, I called and cancelled everything. The guide, in my opinion, is terrible and not at all user friendly. Also, since I am in Moultonborough ,the usual problem of getting assigned to the Portland ME area based on our zip code was a non starter, as many local news channels they advertised are not available. I certainly do not want ME for news and weather. Stupid. And Spectrum has little on line help resources to advise consumers how to use its guide. Even one of their customer service folks admitted they tried it and could not figure it out. So, I scratched Spectrum Streaming. Now debating whether I can live with YTTV as it is now and just stay with it. The one channel I liked was NECN, but I can live without it...I think. FUBO has some good alternatives, but also a number of channels are missing in their lineup. Learned no one size fits all applies here as well.
i can second that im in Moultonborough as well i have a samsung tv managed to get the spectrum app going however the guide doesnt work, and how do you set that as a default so you dont have to go thru all that bs everytime you turn on the tv?
sky's is offline   Reply With Quote