View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 11:42 AM   #22
WinnisquamZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeTimes View Post
I use Youtube TV at Lake and Comcast at home. HATE Comcast (saying it politely). Have had nothing but problems with their boxes since we moved here 7 years ago. Have gone through several different boxes, versions including newest 4K boxes etc. etc. Comcast techs have been out 5+ times and even their NE Tech Director due to issues as they keep claiming this shouldn't be the experience... (Excuse Tirade )

Will be getting rid of Comcast TV (keeping internet) just after the New Year and using YouTube TV full time at both places. Bring this up, as what I've learned from buying several different TVs and various devices is - I want a solid TV and would prefer no devices connected to my TV so I just have 1 cable (POWER) and 1 remote.

Samsung processing is terrible (where they can save money hoping you just hook up a device vs use onboard Apps) so has a hard time streaming for long periods of time. Went through 3 tv's with them 2 years ago until they admitted issues were processing (which I knew and was telling them as I was A/B testing with a separate device with no issues). That being said, I didn't want a separate device and another remote...

HIGHLY suggest taking a look at the LG OLED line. Expensive? Yes - Certainly more than most TVs, but if you are looking for top-end quality, the ability to steam for hours with no picture or performance issues, extra devices or remotes - this is absolutely the way to go! They use WebOS which works very well and has all the core Apps (HBO, Showtime, Disney, Apple TV, Netflix, Hulu, Youtube TV, Youtube, Spotify, even Roku etc. etc. etc.). They did have a contractual issue with HBO up until about 4ish months ago, but that dispute was solved and the App was added.

Again - BIGGEST difference here is that you CAN stream live TV for hours and not worry about Processor overheating and making your video choppy. Most people will blame it on their Internet, but it in fact is NOT their internet, and many times the device, especially when you consider the buffering they do locally when streaming (why it runs seconds behind typically).

Only issue with Youtube TV is no NESN (So no Bruins, Celtics or RedSox). You can submit requests for that per another thread on here which I've done, but have little confidence in will be added in the near future. Since I don't watch them frequently, really not a big issue for me (unlike Patriots ).

Figured I'd pass along my experience as it might be something to look into if High-Quality Picture, 1 remote, and no additional devices are your preference. Any by High Quality - Take a look at the picture in person and do a comparison. It's truly impressive.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote