View Single Post
Old 12-11-2021, 06:31 PM   #10
SailinAway

I've had Roku plus Netflix for several years and am so glad I got rid of the cable. I'm paying $8.99 a month for Netflix. How can you say no to a deal like that? My total yearly cost for TV is $72. That's right, seventy-two dollars. If you think that's too much, hook your computer up to your TV and you will have free YouTube and everything else for free.

What I like about Roku:

(1) Roku includes free YouTube (the same YouTube you would have on any computer, not specifically YouTube TV). Aside from the junk and cute cat videos, YouTube has some very good content if you search for it.

(2) Netflix has enough content to keep you busy for a very long time, and they produce an ambitious number of their own shows and films.

(3) You can get local news (WMUR through Haystack) as well as news from CBS, ABC, and NBC on a Roku device. Those are all free, but the three networks interrupt a lot with ads.

(4) The Roku devices have been reliable for me. I have a Roku 3, which doesn't require a separate remote to turn on the TV and adjust the volume. There are good professional reviews to help you choose a device.

The were some really low prices on Rokus after Thanksgiving, so you will probably be able to find something affordable at Christmas sales. The Roku Streaming Stick+ is $35 right now at Staples. https://www.staples.com/roku-streami...oduct_24390581 I don't know if that price ends today.

Last edited by SailinAway; 12-12-2021 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Corrected info about YouTube
SailinAway is offline   Reply With Quote