View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 03:55 AM   #38
fatlazyless

Had a collision with a deer last night, about 7:45, on the Meredith Neck Rd heading north, down in the dip below the beautiful horse farm where there's a big brook with water flowing under the road through a big concrete culvert pipe. The speed limit there is 40-mph and I was going about 30-35. Only saw the deer for one fast second before it smacked ..... fortunately, it looked like a thin deer, and not a big one ..... is possible the wheel ran over its leg and damaged its leg?

Anyway, it smacked the right front fender, leaving two new bruise indents and some white deer hair stuck next to the head light cover, the Meredith Police were called and showed up fast, took a report, gave me a report number, the deer was down for 30-seconds, got up and ran off into the woods.

Got to look at the fender in the morning and decide if its worth getting fixed what with a $250 comprehensive Allstate deductible, plus the windshield already grew a 10" crack over the inspection sticker about a month ago, just a glass stress crack probably from driv'n the rough Rt 175 road in Holderness, so that makes two $250 deductibles to get two insurable incidents fixed.

Will probably do nothing unless the windshield flunks the next annual state inspection ..... which it no doubt will ..... so's this deer smack got me incentivized to go get the month old cracked windshield replaced ...... or something?