View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 01:37 PM   #36
VitaBene

Thanked 1,607 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I don't believe that I've posted Trump is an idiot. I'm pretty sure all of my Trump posts on this have revolved around him being too slow to act, but then recognizing the problem and instituting reasonably good general policies which are now having the effect that we all hoped of reducing the infection rate from what it would have been. So, to your point--yes--we told you so.

But back to my original question--please let us know if you agree with the President's current covid policies, or if you think he has been made a fool of by the experts.
A. I was not referring to anyone on this forum. I certainly am not talking to or about you. Not sure how you even stretch that far unless you believe yourself guilty of it.

B. I said "now the "it was BS told you so" people hopefully get their turn" meaning that I sure hope that some people get to crow that it was not that bad, over-hyped, etc because then less people will have died.

You never had an original question with me, but I will answer. Do I agree with all of the policy decisions made by Trump? No. Do I agree with some? Yes. Fingers are going to be pointed in many directions over the next few years, should be interesting.

We are never going to be prepared for everything, it is impossible. But we can be better prepared to react decisively and quickly. We can have general processes in place that can be adapted to an emergency situation of most any type. Easier said than done, and the bigger the organization, the more difficult the task.

Sorry, not trying to be a jerk, but I am tired of all of the coulda, shoulda, would haves being slung all over the news, FB, and here on this forum.