Thread: House Painter
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 09:36 PM   #5
Winilyme

Default The Un-Professionals

So amazing to me that as a general rule, many trade contractors are notorious for terrible customer service. I mean, why don't they return calls or show up? If they're too busy, then simply say so or put a message advising such on their answering machine. Not doing so is selfish, unprofessional, rude and a dumb business decision. Plus, they give the construction industry a bad rap. I wish more contractors would realize that they're missing an opportunity to stand out in a crowd. Provide an unfailingly great customer experience and expect in return to have quality work regardless of the state of the economy. I will gladly pay more dollars to someone I know is professional, responsive and will meet their commitments - plus do good work of course. Those are the contractors I'll just give work to without going out for competitive bids. It's a no hassle and stress free effort for me.

There are exceptions of course. Several contractors that have done work on our home in CT are there repeatedly because of the great experience they provide. Our exterior house painter isn't cheap. But he tells it like it is - he's either available or he isn't and he makes no bones about being clear on that point. He does great work but is booked out two years in advance. I spoke to him on Sunday. He's said in no uncertain terms that he's booked all this year (interior and exterior work) and he's already got four houses (including ours now) booked for 2021. There's a reason why. People trust him, he's reliable, they know he does great work, and most of all, he doesn't BS anyone.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links