Thread: Prop repair
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2016, 04:58 PM   #6
Descant

Thanked 1,521 Times in 985 Posts
Default H & H is Verrrry SLOOOOW

A family member hit a rock last August. I will grant that there were unique circumstances, needing metric parts (rudder port). Nevertheless, H & H dropped the ball over the winter and the boat is still not useable, despite many calls from my marina. Some parts can be shipped quite easily (props) but shafts, for example, are not easily shipped by UPS or FEDEX. Thus, the Lakes Region marinas rely on the H & H truck to make its rounds. Reminds me of the old westerns where the sheriff locked somebody up until the Judge came around (Circuit court). Over this weekend, a friend said he had just gotten a shaft back from H & H, that was out of true. No way to know when the warp occurred, but he believes the shafts are just put on the bottom of the truck. This one was from a 1950's boat, so it was only 7/8"' and perhaps more delicate than most.

Anyway, you can't be 100%, but with our short season, be aware. I agree with the suggestion for spare props, especially for outdrives and outboards where the boat doesn't have to come out of the water for a prop change.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Descant For This Useful Post: