View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 10:24 AM   #81
Formula

Default First impression not good

We have out of the area for about 2 years before returning two weeks ago. My wife and I along with another couple wanted to go to the New Woodshed and give it a try. We had reservations for four and 8:00. We got there about 15 minutes early. The hostess said that our table was not ready, which was fine with us. So we proceed to go to the bar. The hostess chased us down and told us that we cannot be in here. we just want to sit at the bar. she replied you can not be in here. I said oaky I will just take a look around at the new restaurant. The hostess followed us around for about 5 minutes as we took a quick peek in each room. We then went back to the bar and spoke with the bartender and asked if we can sit at the half empty bar and her reply was why not. So I explained what happened. She kind of shrugged her shoulders and said well I need to go over to that other couple and smooth over with them the same thing that happened to them.
We had a quick drink then our table was ready. During the meal I did speak with the manager and he kind of laughed it off but did apologize. I guess that they are so busy that they did not need our $400.00 to return.
I will give one more chance before I write it off. There are plenty of restaurants in the area that will allow their patrons to sit at the bar and spend more money while waiting for the table.
BTW, the food was great and the wait staff was excellent.
Formula is offline   Reply With Quote