View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 10:47 AM   #7
Diver1111

Thanked 1,027 Times in 224 Posts

Senter Cove Guy and I dove this a few days ago in central Paugus Bay. I have edited out some sections.

About 87 feet deep, water 41 degrees, viz about 6 feet +-; This boat I found in 2013 and is estimated at 28 feet long. Tried to film it a while back but GoPro SD card failed to read.

Odd for Winnipesaukee in light of what I have found in the past. Boat shows rusting steel railing all the way around gunwhale with rust spots on the hull too. It may be glass or aluminum I just can't tell but the hull is certainly intact. No signs of Bow numbers or name.

There is a large black hose about 3" in diameter sort of winding around the helm-clearly to pump something in or out of the boat, don't know what.

Large round tank on stern under gunwhale-may be for fuel or possibly sewage. My take is that this is a commercial vessel. Note the cleat in the center of the stern, for towing I guess.

Big straight 6 engine. Odd helm seat and wheel, placed on left not right side. I checked steering wheel for name or logo-nothing.

May be hard to find due to depth and visibility. It might be seen on 2D sonar/Fishfinder if you mark it as best you can with a flag and go past the flag watching the Fishfinder; As with all things that I post dive it at your own risk:

Lat: 43 34.995N
Lon: 71 27.732W

I would be interested in opinions about what exactly this boat was used for.

Thanks.
Diver1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diver1111 For This Useful Post: