View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 08:04 PM   #49
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
Here's the paragraph i think the numbers came from (bold is mine):

Since April 18, CBP has referred 101 families for suspected fraud to ICE special investigators, a DHS official told reporters Wednesday. Of those, 29 were determined to be fraudulent, resulting in 45 people being referred for prosecution and 33 being accepted by prosecutors. CBP doesn’t have figures yet for April, but in the month prior, 53,077 family units were apprehended at the southern border, placing best estimates for the rate of fraud somewhere below half a percent. That’s in line with a report by BuzzFeed that found about 3,100 people, or 1 percent of all migrants last year, did something that could be considered fraudulent, including lying about being part of a family or saying someone older than 18 was a child.

As I interpret the article the conclusion is there is very little fraud.

Either way, there's a shortage of seasonal workers in the Lakes Region...
Is that the same Buzzfeed that "reported" that Trump told Cohen to lie to congress?? (Rhetorical question). Turned out that it was such a lie, that the otherwise completely silent Mr. Mueller had to come out of hiding to report that Buzzfeed was not telling the truth. In other words, they lied, BIG TIME. Buzzfeed is about as credible as Dan Rather. Maybe Buzzfeed will get an award too... Where I went to school, 100% of the people that entered the country ILLEGALLY, are fraudulent.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote