View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 06:49 PM   #34
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post
At this point I can't help but smile, chuckle and keep moving on.

The way I see it is we can pontificate all day long about a survey. My opinion on the matter is that a survey likely would not have caught the issue with the 1st engine. Let's not assume anything else that I did or did not do leading up to my purchase. I have the right people and skills and did not go into this blindly. Someone did not perform their job correctly on the engine work and it took whatever set of circumstances and/ or time for it to become fully exposed.

The second engine was where I gambled and lost. I knew at that time I "should" have gone for the Bravo upgrade right then and there.

It all comes down to this...she's spat out two mills now. She wants the upgrades and I'm not going to fight her on this any longer.

Writing a check for another boat..........

Anyone can do it that way! Lazy bums!

With all of the fun I've posted, I am able to post all of it with a certain appreciation in the amount of knowledge that I gained about my specific boat as well as going on a much deeper dive than I've ever been with regards to marine applications.

We are at today and I own all of the steps I have taken. "Woe is me" isn't the message here. Sure, I felt frustrated and defeated at one point. I also happened to develop an exceptional friendship in all this.

The reward will be worth every ounce of the friction it took to arrive here.
FWIW, there is a guy on youtube that has numerous video's on the COMPLETE restoration he did on a 1995 22' SeaRay from the ground up, (that he had no intention of doing) as well as some other video's he's done on a classic Glastron/Carlson. He bought the SeaRay thinking it was pretty much "turn key", only to find out it needed some work, which turned out to be a complete restoration!! His video's are very informative, and he is just a at home, "do it yourselfer" that takes a lot of pride in his work. Your "experience" reminded me of him. You can find all his video's under "FriscoBoater's Garage" on youtube. I believe he is from Texas. He has video's on pretty much anything you can possibly do to a boat!! Engine R & R, outdrive, gimbal bearing, captains choice exhaust, fiberglass, gel coat, etc,etc,etc... Just fine tune your search, and he has probably done it!! Definitely worth checking out. Congrats to your "can do, never give up" attitude. Love it. You are a rare breed. Too bad they don't teach that stuff anymore. Reminds me of a cliche we had when I was in the service: "We have done so much, with so little, for so long, that we can do anything with nothing"!! Mother Teresa / USMC

Last edited by Cal Coon; 04-10-2019 at 04:09 AM.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cal Coon For This Useful Post: