View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 05:26 AM   #19
ApS

Wink "A Proper Watch"—Especially for Latka!

We have plenty of IDIOTS out on the lake: there are kid-idiots, foreigner-idiots, and the home-grown idiots.

1) For no reason, I awoke a few nights ago, and then a neighbor's golden-retriever barked (just once). I stepped out, saw nothing, but heard voices "out there". This was the night best-suited for viewing the Aurora Borealis.

2) I also reported here of foreigner-kayakers out at 9-PM.

3) Johnson's Cove hosted foreigner-idiots last Sunday: They stood out for the absence of any boating prowess—plus the skimpy bathing suits on the men!

I thought I'd heard German, and got a little closer. Their language, I'd have to say, was identical to that "made-up-language" spoken by the character Latka Gravas (~Andy Kaufman), on the hit TV show, “Taxi”.

4) At the same time, I watched home-grown idiots towing a tube inside Johnson's Cove, among a dozen boats anchored there!

Still more kid-idiots, that I reported here in 2003:

Quote:
"...two Winnipesaukee boys -- one about 7, one about 9. In a dead calm, one was paddling a canoe, the other using a single oar to move his rowboat.

"Half an hour after sundown they were headed back -- but the rowboat was now towing the canoe -- the smaller boy too tired to paddle. With my only powerboat out of service, I called the Marine Patrol.

"After several minutes, I could just barely make out the boys in the gloom just ¼-mile away. Later realizing that the MP could actually pose a threat to the boys, I called the MP back and cancelled the request..."
If you're on the lake, you can't depend on the moon (or common sense among other boaters), but you are required to "maintain a proper watch" at all times.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote