View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 05:48 PM   #20
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAG! View Post
Show of hands of all those that escaped their early 20's without having done anything stupid. Tis, perhaps you don't have kids of your own, but trust me, our biggest fear is the visit from the police in the middle of the night. I thank our first responders for doing all they could. Their job is to make rescuing efforts when needed. People, especially young people, make poor decisions. Most of the time they are fortunate enough to learn from it without significant loss. Other times they are not.
Obviously they were young and most likely partying so they weren't thinking. Yes we all do make mistakes. My plea is for people to not just decide to go out for a little ride this time of year. It is very dangerous when you fall in that icy lake. I know this personally because one year just after ice out we were bringing the boat home and tying it up, I slid off the back of the boat. I had boots and a parka on and as Flying Scot said with clothes on I could not move. Thankfully I was only waist deep but I was still paralyzed. I couldn't lift my feet. It just isn't fair to knowingly go out in this water.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tis For This Useful Post: