View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 09:13 AM   #19
baygo

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Nice gesture, Baygo. Your kindness might have prevented a huge traffic mess that would have discouraged future events in Lakeport. That was no small feat to control that parking during your saturday night business.
Thanx SAMIAM, cars actually started pulling in at 7 AM. At about 10 AM the police department came by and wanted to know where the lighting was that the organizers had promised. Unfortunately the rental company was unable to deliver on such short notice. Police came back by around 2PM, still no lighting. They had a very valid concern because the field we parked in has a number of holes in it. I spent the next seven hours going through what I referred to as extreme anxiety, Enhanced by echoes of “no good deed goes on punished”. The shuttles were not due to make return trips until after the fireworks. This meant thousands of people would be returning to the car thru the field in darkness. Consequently I personally made it a point to visit with each and every person who came through the property to stress the dangers associated with the holes. Then has people came back after dark I required them to take out their cell phone to illuminate their walk back to the car. By the grace of God not a single incident
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post: