View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
NoBozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_boater View Post
Like you suspected, many of us already knew this capabililty. I do think it is cool but I find google street much more impressive. I have street images of my late father doing yardwork as the street scanner went by. I hope they never update my parents street.
"Street View" is fabulous. Take your cursor and "hover" over on the top right side of your Google Earth screen to SEE the Icons pop up there. The little orange man Icon will bring up street view. Go to downtown Wolfeboro to try it.

Left click on the little man icon and drag the icon off it's little pedestal an inch or so..while continuing to "Hold Down" the left mouse button. Wait a few seconds for Main Street to light up with a big blue line.

NOW: Drag the icon down to the blue line and deposit it there. Wait a few more seconds to see what happens.

In Google Earth, every place you can Light Up the BLUE lines on streets, roads and highways, you can drag the Icon down and look around through 360 degrees using your mouse. If you can't bring up the BLUE lines, this means the Google Earth guy hasn't been there yet. You will see what I mean. NB
NoBozo is offline   Reply With Quote