Thread: It Figures....
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 07:06 PM   #66
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
The president of the SBONH has issed a statement stating that what he posted "are OBVIOUS exaggerations for satirical and comical humor".

There...now we can forget all those things he said about booze crusies and knowing how to fool the NH Marine Patrol....we all stooped real low to post his Forum exaggerations. Shame on us.

Here is what he said:

" Concerning the recent postings on other sites I have felt a response was not necessary due to how disgusting and misleading these personal attacks are. Anyone can see through this veil of misdirection, however being President of the organization I want to set the record straight.

1. I do not, have not, nor do I support, in anyway BWI. I personally have a zero tolerance policy that I think all responsible boaters should adhere to. In no way do I condone any form of Boating under the influence. A designated driver should always be available and planned for accordingly.

2. Quotes that are being posted on other media sources about me are being taken from a personal dialogue between friends. These are OBVIOUS exaggerations for satirical and comical humor. To use them in and of themselves is simply unfounded and does not give a complete story. Context and personal relationships concerning inside jokes between friends are not being considered nor do outside readers have an understanding of these as being sarcastic.

It is really unfortunate that people have such a weak standing to form their own argument concerning actual issues at hand that they must stoop to making personal attacks in this nature. It only continues to prove the feeble case they have to have to bring the debate to such a low point of squabbling. Legislators have already pointed out how such attacks will be viewed unsympathetically if brought to their attention.

Frankly this is pathetic and not deserving any further concern.

SBONH and I will continue to work with organizations, legislators and anyone else who would like to help promote safety and our agenda."
Let's use your logic YS, along with that of Melvin the pot stirrer. So if it's never OK to be on a boat or 'booze cruise' and therefore be a cowboy, white-trash drunk, etc. then anyone who set foot on the MS Mount Washington and ingested alcohol fits your definition. Do you think anyone consumes more than a couple drinks before they walked off the gang plank (and had a designated driver). Maybe next you guys will be asking the M/S Mount Washington to ban booze from being served on board.

Last edited by lawn psycho; 12-29-2010 at 09:27 AM.