View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #56
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
Not only is this one of the worst ideas I've heard for raising revenue, but it's going to be the most difficult to enforce. It's going to further hurt tourism in our state, like the camping tax, and cause people to think twice before coming to NH for vacation, as our neighbors don't have this silly tax.
I personally am wondering if there is a number of people, who are trying to do just that. Through rules and regulations that make it hard to enjoy yourself they are trying to make NH a elitest state. First their where speedlimits.... Now that has kept a certain group from wanting to come to the lake, but it hasn't helped as much as initially thought. Well what is next, lets start making it less enjoyable for others...

ideas I consistently here kicked around

-- use tax or registration for kayaker, conoeist and row boat owneres
-- HP restrictions on boats on inland waters
-- use permits for out of state registered boats
-- campers and hikers taxes / fees

I am starting to think that while NH has thrived by being the play ground for the Northeast US, that there aren't some that would like to get rid of the tourists and all the money they bring to the state. NH will have a fall from grace if this happens. By making it harder and more of a financial burden on the tourist NH only hurts itself.