View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #1083
Misty Blue

Default My $.02.

I have stayed out of this fracas until now because I have not had anything to say that had not already been said. I would like to throw out a couple of thoughts now...

First a horrible, horrible tragedy happened on the Lake. We can't make it go away. But what I can't understand is why this is BIG news? Yea, it's a big deal for us folks on the Lake and for the unfortunate people involved but why is it front page news for days and days in the papers and WMUR and big media? If the same event happened in a car on I-93 or on a snowmobile on a trail, same facts just different circumstances, same judgement that the press and the public would forget about it in short time.

Next, the cop.

I have been pulled over by the NHSP three times in the last 10 years. Twice for lights out and once for speeding in that stupid 35 MPH zone where 104 and I 93 meet. In every case the officers were courtious and very professional. No complaints.

I wasn't there and I don't trust what I read in the papers but I have to give the Trooper the bennifit of the doubt. The guy is a professional and I don't think that he has a wish. There is no way that he knew who was driving the speeding car prior to the stop. And by the way I don't care what the car was or what it's license plate says. After the pull over I expect that his onboard computer gave him a flag that the owner was recently convicted of a crime. If I were the cop this would set off alarm bells and I would take a hard look at this one.

Let's put this whole mess behind us.

Misty Blue.

Last edited by Misty Blue; 04-01-2010 at 02:01 PM.