View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #91
patman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
Look at South Main Street in Wolfeboro. It goes from 35 by the Police station, to 40 by the Windrifter, to 30 by the High School in less than a half mile. Who did that and what the heck were they thinking?
Yes, that is weird. I always assumed it was 30 from the Wolfeboro town line through the top of N. Main St. I never knew it was higher until I drove through there with my daughter (on her learner's permit) and told her to slow down. As you say, it is posted at 40, and the driver training instructor kept (correctly) telling the kids to speed up there.

The signage in New Durham near Johnson's is incorrect, I think. Southbound from Wolfeboro it goes from 30 to 50. In ND a sign announces the 40mph zone coming up...then there's the 40mph sign...then...nothing. I don't think there is a 50mph sign at the end of the 40mph zone, so in theory it stays 40 all the way down to Farmington. I think the same is true coming northbound. My GPS says the limit bumps back up...but the signs don't. Am I missing something?
patman is offline   Reply With Quote