View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
sanbornton55

Default Shiloh's Tilton NH

We were a party of 10 for lunch .. 7 of us ordered Seafood Roll ..choice of Scallops or Clam strips...4 for scallops and 3 for clam strips. Clam strips were the first items served...when I saw them I was so happy I had ordered scallops...the onions rings were golden and looked good...and they were good...but the clam strips were deep fried and were dark ,dark , dark brown..way over cooked. Two of the four scallop orders came out..not mine yet.....I couldn't believe my eyes ... the scallops were not deep fried..I really don't know how they were cooked,but they were white as snow...not even browned a little as in pan fried ...it was several minutes before I received my scallop roll...I put my finger on a scallop ..barely warm....yet the onion rings were so hot I could not eat them...so that tells me my sad little scallop roll with a couple of pieces of flat lettuce sat in the kitchen for awhile waiting for the onion rings to cook. I ate 2 scallops...and the onion rings....it was blah to say the least...while we were waiting for our check someone said," at least the pickle is good."..I said " What pickle ?" ...my plate was still in front of me..so I looked ...9 people got a pickle..lucky I was able to live without a pickle....it was no big deal...just one more thing.The bun that held the scallops was nice ,soft and fresh..the onion rings were very good... nice batter ..the person next to me ordered steak sub..it looked good...another had chicken fingers,mashed potatoes and corn....cleaned their plate..so I would say it was good....one person ordered a salad with chicken strips...I am not a salad person .. so it was very big is all I can say .
sanbornton55 is offline   Reply With Quote